|Upcoming APWG Meetings
The APWG holds a General Meeting each year in the fall. This is accompanied by two or three additional events each year to include the eCrime Researchers Summit and Counter-eCrime Operations Summit. Current scheduled events include:
- eCrime 2012, October 22 - 25, Puerto Rico, US
eCrime 2012 is made up of two disctinct programs, the annual General Members Meeting and the eCrime Researchers Summit VII.
During the General Meeting the APWG will examine crimeware's evolution, behavioral vulnerabilities and human factors that contribute to eCrime's success,
the roles of Registrars, Registries and DNS in managing phishing attacks, public health approaches to managing the eCrime scourge,
as well as breaking news on counter-eCrime efforts and resources.
The seventh annual APWG eCrime Researchers Summit (eCRS VII) will be held as part of eCrime '12 on October 22-24, 2012 in Las Croabas, Puerto Rico.
eCRS 2012 will bring together academic researchers, security practitioners, and law enforcement to discuss all aspects of electronic crime and
ways to combat it. The extended eCrime event includes the APWG General Members Only meeting and ICANN DNS Security, Stability and Resiliency Symposium.
| APWG Supported Events:
VB2012, 26-28 September 2012 at the Fairmont Dallas hotel, Dallas, TX, USA.
This conference provides a focus for the industry, representing an opportunity for experts in the field to share their research interests, discuss methods and technologies and set new standards, as well as meet with - and learn from - those who put their technologies into practice in the real world.
Security Summit Verona (Italy), October 4th 2012
Security Summit is the Italian event on information security for experts and people with keen interest in IT security. During its free vendor-independent
talks, presentations and keynote addresses Security Summit proposes high-quality contents. The Verona 2012 edition will offer a combination of in-depth
examinations and updating panels on the market technology evolution. More info on www.securitysummit.it
AFRI Cyber Conference 10-11 October 2012
Cyber Power: The Quest Towards a Common Ground
The Air Force Research Institute (AFRI) is conducting a conference to consider strengthening and expanding the way we are organizing the unified response to future cyber incidents.
The aim of the conference, is to refine existing conversations by bringing together policy makers and practitioners who are engaged in new-style partnerships across society, along with
technologists who can judge the feasibility of proposed efforts. Since dialogues on cooperation exist, another aim of the workshop is to specify how existing responsibilities should be
modified to improve the management of military operations and US national security applications of cyber power.
Online Trust Forum 2012, 1 - 4 October 2012
The 2012 Forum is an interactive combination of keynotes, practical panels and workshops
addressing key issues and opportunities including mobile, privacy, security, identity and brand protection. As new solutions and services have emerged,
user trust and online confidence is proving to be the defining factor impacting the vitality of the digital economy.
Hacker Halted 2012 Asia Pacific
The Hacker Halted event series serves as a constant source of knowledge to the information security community. With interactive and power packed sessions,
participants are set to gather and discuss relevant and up-to-date information, ideas and strategies to enable better data protection. After all, prevention
is always better than cure.
|Previous APWG Events And Meetings
- Counter-eCrime Operations Summit 2012 (CeCOS VI), April 25 - 27, Prague, CZ
- eCrime Sync-Up II, March 7 & 8, 2012 - University College Dublin, IreleandKuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- eCrime Research Summit, November 7 - 9, San Diego, CA
- Counter-eCrime Operations Summit 2011, April 26,27 & 28, 2011 - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- eCR-Sync, March 15 & 16 2011, University College Dublin, Ireland
- General Members Meeting & eCrime Researchers Summit, Oct 18, 19 & 20 2010 - Dallas, TX
- Counter-eCrime Operations Summit, May 11, 12 & 13 2010 - São Paulo
- General Meeting, October 19, 2009 - Tacoma WA
- Crime Researchers Summit 2009, October 20 & 21, 2009 - Tacoma, WA
- Counter-eCrime Operations Summit, May 12, 13 & 14 2009 - Barcelona, Spain
- General Meeting, October 14 & 15, 2008 - Atlanta, GA
- eCrime Researchers Summit 2008, October 14, 15 & 16, 2008 - Atlanta, GA
- Counter-eCrime Operations Summit, May 26 & 27, 2008
- General Meeting, October 2-3, 2007
- eCrime Researchers Conference, October 4-5, 2007
- Counter-eCrime Operations Summit, May 30 - May 31 2007
- November 14 & 15, 2006, APWG Fall General Meeting, Orlando, Florida
- November 16 & 17, 2006, APWG eCrime Researchers Summit, Orlando, Florida
- June 2006, APWG Summer General Meeting in Brussels, Belgium
- April 18, 2006, APWG 2006 Spring General Meeting in Chicago, IL, US
- November 8-10, 2005. APWG General Meeting & SuperSummit in Montreal, Canada
- May 31 & June 1, 2005. General Meeting in San Jose, CA
- London, UK (April 19, 2005)
- Washington D.C. (Sept 28 and 29, 2004)
- San Francisco, California. (April 5,2004)
- New York City (Jan 29, 2004)
- London, U.K. (Feb 3, 2004)